Come visit Ananda and discover…
- a joyful spiritual community of friends
- respect for the underlying truths that unite the world’s religions
- strength to meet life’s challenges
- practical spirituality, relevant to real life
- music, laughter, and fellowship
- respect for each person’s unique path to awakening
- techniques of meditation and yoga to develop inner peace,
health, and spiritual awareness
Ananda is a global movement based on the teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda, author of one of the 10 best-selling spiritual classics of the century, Autobiography of a Yogi. Ananda was founded in 1968 by Yogananda’s direct disciple, Swami Kriyananda.
Yogananda was the first yoga master of India whose mission it was to live and teach in the West. He spoke of the underlying oneness of all religions, and the path of Self-realization. People from all faiths and backgrounds are welcomed at Ananda.
Expand your sense of harmony in your life through ancient and effective techniques including meditation, Kriya Yoga, spiritually oriented Hatha Yoga, community, and divine friendship. We invite you to join us at our temple, yoga classes, meditation groups, and community to experience the joy of your own being.
“Self-realization is the knowing in all parts of body, mind, and soul that you are now in possession of the kingdom of God; that you do not have to pray that it come to you; that God’s omnipresence is your omnipresence; and that all that you need to do is improve your knowing.” —Paramhansa Yogananda